Moustaches Moustaches

My goatee trembles in fear.

It's really really hard to focus and actually write a review while this song is playing in the background...let's see here, mute button, mute button, Ah! Found it! *Picks up hammer*

iPad VS Motorola Xoom iPad VS Motorola Xoom

I lol'd a bit.

I lol'd a bit. Enough to get my boss' attention for him to discover I wasn't working and was immediately reprimanded.

So you get a 10/10 for getting me in trouble. Not often people do that.

ANYWHO, I really like the clear parody of this one, and how it doesn't feel so over-the-top fanboyish. I was expecting something like...well...the Apple commercials. Just a cavalcade of rancorous unresearched trash about the other that only idiots and grandparents would take seriously. Fortunately, I was quite pleased with how you displayed the two as good friends and pals at the beginning, because in truth, that's really how we need to look at technology...

...As our friends.

...With that one fatal flaw that makes them snap and Zangief Kid you should you bring it up.

diamond-armada responds:

Haha dude shouldn't you be doing excels? XD I dunno, whenever people say office that's the first thing that cones to mind, PM me otherwise xD

Anyways, yeah if I was gonna be a total douchebag about it and just put a lot more fanboy into it, this would probes turn out... Just awful :) but since I ain't really stating my personal opinion, I can't really starts shit can I?

Thanks for the review man, means a bunch :)

The Camel Spider The Camel Spider

Very neat.

This from Wikipedia:

"In the Middle East, it was once rumored among American and coalition military forces stationed there that Solifugae will feed on living human flesh. The story goes that the creature will inject some anaesthetizing venom into the exposed skin of its sleeping victim, then feed voraciously, leaving the victim to awaken with a gaping wound. Solifugae, however, do not produce such an anaesthetic, and they do not attack prey larger than themselves unless threatened. Other stories include tales of them leaping into the air, disemboweling camels, eerie hissing, screaming, and running alongside humvees; all of these tales are false, apparently told to new recruits in order to frighten them, to the amusement of the veterans.

Due to their bizarre appearance many people are startled or even afraid of them. However, the greatest threat they pose to humans is their bite in self-defense when one tries to handle them. There is no chance of death directly caused by the bite, but, due to the strong muscles of their chelicerae, they can produce a proportionately large, ragged wound which is prone to infection."

--===<X>
THE MORE
YOU KNOW.

Awesome work by the way. Definitely a fiver. It just goes to show that the best movies contain only three lines: "Hmm, BAAAAAH!, and YE-OOOW!!" No need for "hey there's a big spider over there, I'm gonna shoot it" no just look at it and shoot it.

What I like the most is, in fact, what is NOT in the movie. No stupid extensive opening credits, no stupid extensive closing credits. Just "*whoomp*, sup buddies, here's m'name."

Falconer02 responds:

Wow, you really got it down. Thanks!

the Echo the Echo

Awesome work.

The message remains strong and prominent throughout, establishing frm the begininning and maintaining it throughout. The simple nature of the animation is strong, as it does not need to depend upon complexity to wow the viewer. I see the style as being a throwback to the stylization of Feudal Japan. You got my attention, maintained it throughout, and I got a satisfying rush of ecstacy upon conclusion. From an animator's standpoint, you have achieved your objectives.

Message, delivery, emotion, and moral all come in the package, and it need not be required to deliver any more.

Congrats on the daily 3rd and weekly 3rd. Which those awards could've gone even higher, but here's hoping to the next piece.

Linerider the Movie Linerider the Movie

Didn't enjoy it.

I just didn't like the animation of it. It seemed very linear, and didn't have any sort of anticipation or follow-through. It was just, I don't know, very mediocre. Hard to believe. It didn't carry the satisfying punch.

The timing also wasn't that great. It spent too much time on one particular gag.

Visually, it was amateurish. It just looked too much like Flash, but had no polish to give it a distinct visual style. So, in summation, atrocious animation, bad timing, and sub par visual style. It's a really great concept that needs a much better execution.

king-ben responds:

when i started making it i had flash 5

New Super Mario World 1 New Super Mario World 1

C-

Graphics: I don't give credit to graphics when it's a bunch of sprites you didn't make. So I judge by whatever additional effects and images that I know you did add in.

Style: NewGrounds is saturated with these things. And most of them are done better. While you have composition and backgrounds looking good, and it provides a lot of scenery, the actual delivery is slow and boring to me.

Sound: It lines up and is appropriate, so it adds very well to this.

Violence: Never liked this grading mechanic.

Interactivity: Just a play button in the beginning and a scene selection, but that's about it.

Humor: This is what I wanted to get to. I just didn't find it funny, even though it tried to be. I feel that it could have been delivered in a lot less time, much more easily, and omitted a lot of the grandeur stuff. The movie itself is not timed very well.

Overall: There are a lot of shining examples of Mario parodies done correctly. This one doesn't seem to push the boundaries, let alone, aspire to the current standard.

Silveraxe responds:

Another ond who didn't find the easter eggs...

Daniel Smith- A Tribute Daniel Smith- A Tribute

Geez

That was dumb as hell. Slideshows are stupid. Know your demographic: people don't come to NewGrounds to weep for the dead kids of pompous celebrities.

ramster83 responds:

People come to NEwgrounds to watch a fat man sing on a webcam then (obviously) look at how popular Numa Numa was you spaz.

Biohazard S2 04 Biohazard S2 04

My goodness.

I really want to say that was the crappiest thing I've ever seen, but I'll be damned, it still had charm. 3/5.

Chubaka responds:

I am laughing from your review so I suppose chubaka <3 you

Travelling Space Travelling Space

How...

How very unfulfilling. This movie has a big old set up, and then for no reason, blows it over. That makes me, the audience, very upset to have wasted so much time on long slow boring pans, only to be given such a dismal ending.

The Best of Bigfoot The Best of Bigfoot

Well, damn.

Damn, outta words. The only bit of vocabulary that wasn't annihilated by this awesome flash is this sentence, the previous, this one explaining it, and "see you on the front page, man."

5/5