Moustaches Moustaches

My goatee trembles in fear.

It's really really hard to focus and actually write a review while this song is playing in the background...let's see here, mute button, mute button, Ah! Found it! *Picks up hammer*

iPad VS Motorola Xoom iPad VS Motorola Xoom

I lol'd a bit.

I lol'd a bit. Enough to get my boss' attention for him to discover I wasn't working and was immediately reprimanded.

So you get a 10/10 for getting me in trouble. Not often people do that.

ANYWHO, I really like the clear parody of this one, and how it doesn't feel so over-the-top fanboyish. I was expecting something like...well...the Apple commercials. Just a cavalcade of rancorous unresearched trash about the other that only idiots and grandparents would take seriously. Fortunately, I was quite pleased with how you displayed the two as good friends and pals at the beginning, because in truth, that's really how we need to look at technology...

...As our friends.

...With that one fatal flaw that makes them snap and Zangief Kid you should you bring it up.

diamond-armada responds:

Haha dude shouldn't you be doing excels? XD I dunno, whenever people say office that's the first thing that cones to mind, PM me otherwise xD

Anyways, yeah if I was gonna be a total douchebag about it and just put a lot more fanboy into it, this would probes turn out... Just awful :) but since I ain't really stating my personal opinion, I can't really starts shit can I?

Thanks for the review man, means a bunch :)

The Camel Spider The Camel Spider

Very neat.

This from Wikipedia:

"In the Middle East, it was once rumored among American and coalition military forces stationed there that Solifugae will feed on living human flesh. The story goes that the creature will inject some anaesthetizing venom into the exposed skin of its sleeping victim, then feed voraciously, leaving the victim to awaken with a gaping wound. Solifugae, however, do not produce such an anaesthetic, and they do not attack prey larger than themselves unless threatened. Other stories include tales of them leaping into the air, disemboweling camels, eerie hissing, screaming, and running alongside humvees; all of these tales are false, apparently told to new recruits in order to frighten them, to the amusement of the veterans.

Due to their bizarre appearance many people are startled or even afraid of them. However, the greatest threat they pose to humans is their bite in self-defense when one tries to handle them. There is no chance of death directly caused by the bite, but, due to the strong muscles of their chelicerae, they can produce a proportionately large, ragged wound which is prone to infection."

--===<X>
THE MORE
YOU KNOW.

Awesome work by the way. Definitely a fiver. It just goes to show that the best movies contain only three lines: "Hmm, BAAAAAH!, and YE-OOOW!!" No need for "hey there's a big spider over there, I'm gonna shoot it" no just look at it and shoot it.

What I like the most is, in fact, what is NOT in the movie. No stupid extensive opening credits, no stupid extensive closing credits. Just "*whoomp*, sup buddies, here's m'name."

Falconer02 responds:

Wow, you really got it down. Thanks!

Cactus McCoy Cactus McCoy

Absolutely amazing.

Great visual style, awesome gameplay technique, and while I found the controls a little bit...emmm...backwards (more accustomed to ASDW than arrows) I got accustomed to them relatively quickly.

My favorite thing to do is juggle the bad guys across the landscape when they're flying through the air. It's fills my heart with wheeeeee!

Turtle Girl Turtle Girl

I'm going to need surgery...

...To get this euphoric grin off my face.

The whole gaming experience can be summed up in just three words: Gurgling. With. Ecstacy.

Cute, fun, solid gaming experience from beginning to end. Awesome job, fellows! Props to Mike for the scrumptious narration in the beginning.

The Bubble Jumper The Bubble Jumper

Love it. Great game!

Howdy ho Flash portal neighborino!

Really like how this game looks and plays. I like the very simple gameplay and objectives set forth, and it's also got some pretty addictive qualities! Even though the challenge ramps up quite a bit, the soothing tunes and pleasant visual style do a great job at keeping frustration at bay.

If I could dump a couple critiques, if you wouldn't mind...

I didn't notice the 'jump power' bar until after a few rounds in the game. I think a more visual representation of the robot charging up for a jump, like squishing down or his jets starting to glow, or just a simple arrow point up from his head like a trajectory arc, would really help drive the idea that holding down the jump button gives you a bigger jump. Another thing I found was the tutorial prompts seemed a bit jumbled and tough to read, and a lot of the introductory UI flow didn't flow too well (needs more negative spacing between the different visual elements).

Overall though, really liked it, showed it to the boys in the office, they got a kick out of it too.

TETRIS (MY REMIX) TETRIS (MY REMIX)

Sounds very Midi

Sounds like a midi file. It just doesn't have any boom, just very generic.

STU-PIDASO responds:

well, the original was (or at least the one i based it off of) 8 bit.
i wanted to keep that flavor with a twist.
i may create better orchestrated version someday.